Port Hedland & Dampier
Iron Ore Export
3,650 ships per year
The Australian Export Trade
The Port Hedland & Dampier iron ore export industry present a prime opportunity for the development of a sustainable marine bunkering industry.
Iron ore shipped per annum
- 130 MPTA (Dampier)
- 600 MPTA (Port Hedland)
- Equivalent of ~3,650 bulk shipments per annum
- Primarily servicing the Australia - Asia trade route
The Australian Energy Capacity
A multitude of renewable energy projects are developing significant generation capacity within the region
- 15 Gw of Wind and Solar generation have gained environmental Approval in 2020
- 26 Gw planned to come on stream in later phases
- 15 Gw of electrolyser capacity
A competitive framework of natural gas and energy suppliers can provide initial small-scale parcels for marine bunkering.